Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sanding

Sanding is an important treatment process for wood, and since my surface of choice is indeed wood (no rivers and pretty flat terrain), it needs to be sanded. Home Depot has a 29.77 USD 4x8'x.75" board (worth an "As Seen on CSX" Banner? lol) that is already sanded, saving the hassle of sandpaper, BUT the edges will still need it.

Hence I suggest this to all modelers majoring in wood, if you haven't already, when in the pre-benchwork phase, SAND your lumber if bought unsanded, but if bought sanded, still, give it a quick run. There's room for error. But the main part you WOULD need to sand, as I said, is the edges. You do not want blisters in your fingers!

Today I am going to be sanding the split-in-two 4'x8' I bought this past Monday on the edges. Then, after that, they are going to be carried to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment