Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home Depot Installment 1

I made my first Model Railroad Purchase from Home Depot, in 2 years of dreaming. ;)

The 4' x 8' x 23/32" was a good place to start. I bought the fine one as it, though 12 bucks more pricy, is better off. To allow that benchwork to be done, I also but only bought 5 "2x4" studs. The arrangement is as shown. The fifth one is what is cut in 1/4s in the diagram.

The future Deerfield Beach and Pompano Beach sections!

















 The big board (cut in two) cost 29.77 USD. The studs each... 2.80 USD. (x5 = 14.00)
Screws on the side? 7.25. The total price? Little more than an Athearn Auto-Max in discount retail.

I wanted to hold off on the supports mainly because of the cutting price. I hit my "free" limit... Two cuts, the big board and studs, are free. Excess cuts are .80 USD each. HD will be on my way tomorrow so the gas won't factor much to offset the savings, 2 supports are 2 cuts. $1.60.


Besides, I am undecided on the supports. I am leaning towards getting the 6x6x8 but also am thinking of going w/ the ol' studs in an L shape (5"x3.5" gross L/W)

No comments:

Post a Comment