Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Miami (continued)

You may have to be on foot or really, at street level to experience Miami. As I did a new tradition, chasing O721 by bike, I intercepted upon it @ Sunset Drive/Galloway Road. South Miami has a back-woods feeling but in the intersection, there are Cafeterias and the BP there is very much in Lance's standards. When buying the Gatorade (I felt Cafe Cubano would not be right for a bike ride) I stumbled upon an interesting character, chanting the likes of "oye papo" to try to impress a 30 something woman. Unfortunately the lady was taken, but I felt right at home witnessing that. On a more subtle note my exchange w/ the clerk at the BP was in pure Spanish. She immediately said "uno cuarenta y nueve" as the total (1.39 USD + Tax 7%) and I handed the 2 bucks, got the 0.51 and we both said gracias, to me for the business and to her for the labor.

I also did a bit of meandering and on a lesser note, despite a rush, experienced West Miami and its very exotic "Voodoo and Palmettos" material. Encountered a lot of mosquito rich areas though, gotta bring that OFF!

It's things like this that make me appreciate Miami much more. A melting pot of character and culture.

Video of the O721 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment