Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fort Lauderdale

As much I find the area an interesting mecca for switching, I decided and realized it will be excluded through this layout until I secure more space, which in a tiny room in a townhouse, is impossible. Fort Lauderdale has TRANSFLO, two Team Tracks, F05 (where O717's cars go), and the White Lumber Lead. However, I guess as they say I have to finish my plate up before helping myself to more. A net 40+ square feet of track is already going to be in need of detail anyway.

Lance pointed me in this direction anyway, which I thought was very viable since his Downtown Spur has zero staging. AFAIK trains can only really turn around at FP&T.

The Fort Lauderdale area would poise the layout with two more needed hours of operation, the purchase of much more pricey ethanol tanks, and another couple months of detailing. I can do the pair of yards some other time (Fort Lauderdale and Dania).

O717 already eats up six (6) hours switching between Fort Lauderdale, Deerfield, and back. The train customarily runs around at Rankin but I'm catering to run-arounds at Pompano-Parker now. So I will be spending 6 hours an op myself switching. So I still have a bit to eat on my plate.

Not much of a change to the latest plan, just the top deck will rule up and chances are I'm looking at a 7' long straight track on a wooden deck (removable) to house cars and switch them out, like roller coasters load up, leave, load up, with the unloading in another platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment