Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Plan Modified But Mostly the Same as the Last One



In response to the more recent entry about deciding what to do with my Deerfield space, I have touched up, no, not redone, the layout design render on XTrkCAD. I have also input my options for the two long 8' boards. I believe it fits the way it has been done... Though, there are compromises, like Amerigas being reduced to just a single lead track. This is because a trackmobile pulls it out of the siding by Racetrack Rd. In the more advanced stages I may design a removable section for the train to take a right turn and unload there, but we are designing the operations of O717 anyway as a whole and not necessarily Amerigas in particular. Perhaps the Amerigas turnout will be the last section that I detail.
The requirements are as follows that I had to satisfy:

  • 3' of working space RR north of Sentinel (241 scale feet) - Amtrak Station Canopies will be detailed, as I have the Plastruct styrene!
  • 22" + Radius. Maybe would get away with a 20-21" around the smaller industries but Amerigas, Home Depot, and Boise especially must exceed 22". They work with centerbeams and LPG tanks. Mainline radii between 23, 24"
  • Space for Tri-Rails to shoo back and forth. The crossovers are designed in run-around motion and compromised however. I would say that this will not affect O717 but maybe Tri-Rail photos may only be opportune in certain times (ie. when O717 is working Track-2 at Sentinel, Tri-Rail should be able to run on Track-1)
A note: A bit of sloppy laying by Publix, but the idea is there. The track at Publix will seep into the other board but a photo wall (1.5' high) will separate the sections. The possibilities are endless. To fix this I may end up angling the main by Manatee as well to give space. Remember until it is done in brick and mortar all is subject to change.

Also since I am 6' tall I should be able to access the entire space so the big indentation at Home Depot is not an access problem, as I can reach almost 3' and it seems like the most access needed is 2ft. right at the corner there. The duckunder will be in the Pompano Market section, around Keeman. Since I am young, again I can duck under easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment