Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tri-County Trip - #O717 Again

I may have stirred focus away from the Model Railroad layout of the O717 corridor, but my outing on Friday brought me very interesting catches of O717, as well as promising and wonderful finds.

O717 at Pompano Beach Home Depot - It went from 12 cars to 13 cars setting out 5 and picking up 6.


After this, I caught it at Deerfield.


On its way back, I scored it for my first time picking up cars from Amerigas.

 The rest of the train is showed here, neatly blocked.


 There was a discovery here too. Southern Grout and Mortar, a sporadic receiver of cement tubs, had a hopper on their siding.



 Fort Lauderdale. Also here, CSX picked up a boxcar from BrickAmerica which hasn't been seen to receive for 9+ months.


It worked Cross-Dock, Home Depot, Sentinel, Fast-Dry, Amerigas, and BrickAmerica. Fast-Dry got 5 loads and put out 5 empties. At the end, this was a recordbreaker similar to Mike's picture with 18 cars, just like he had it, leaving me pretty impressed and hopeful for business.
18 cars:
1 NS box (Brickamerica)
1 Cross-Dock buffer (Amerigas)
7 Amerigas LPG Tankers
1 Fast-Dry empty tank
6 Home Depot
1 Sun-Sentinel.

Also, Boise-Cascade was empty while Publix appeared to be empty as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment