Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Almost committing to Railwatch...

For the first time I may finally be able to take an "Into the Wild" or "Into the Rail" experience and find myself in the Promised Land instead of Relay for Life. For years past Railwatch has been a far bet or conflicting to another weekend but this year, as my father cannot take me up to Plant City this year for the annual Spring Trip, I may have a real taste of high volume CSX action, a surely different experience. The difficult part is that it happens on a tight, two-day weekend and right on the eve of a CIE Examination so it will be challenging to survive and recover. Yet I hope that I can try it out.

Railwatch gets hundreds annually to see trains on a particular Saturday; it is a fairly sized event to the capacity of Folkston and is usually fun. There is a cookout and often a speech or two from the likes of Danny Harmon and others. One very foreign thing from the likes of an average person in Doral, it should be a nice try for the first time. The idea of getting the trains coming to me is making the event shine, even though I know by the time the second channel has their videos uploaded, the trains become deja vu and automatically boring to watch. For a videographer like me it should pose a challenge to have one shot "above the rest" for YT.

I am still highly considering Plant City, it's going to be a toughie but I hope I can for the first time see both events in the same year.

No comments:

Post a Comment