Wednesday, January 30, 2013

[HD] FEC "ECH" Monster Train 101 with CLOSE Call - 01.02.2013



In this video, my friend and longtime FEC engineer Dave Shelley led the 12,000' monster all business on the first day of startup after the new year for the historic mainline. I've caught Dave several times -- why am I blogging this one in particular?

The added touch, that is. Yeah, it was only yesterday that I caught in the editing process that some genius, or should I say well-qualified Darwin candidate, decided to play chicken with one of the most premier trains on the FEC. He did so where it appeared by the direction and stature of the lights that he/she was 10 seconds from being swiped by the front plows of RA 105.
May this video serve as a lesson not to trespass, cross illegally, or cross tracks when a train is quite well in the picture. You're not doing yourself a favor by trying to get on the other side, and are instead putting your safety and well being at risk.

Had the person mistimed by only eight to ten seconds, he/she would have been history.

Nonetheless, gotta love Dave's musical notes on the K5LLA (even though I could barely hear the freaking thing); the famed "Blue Light Salute", and his new magic trick - the dimming of the headlights. The latter was unexpected and just... cute I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment