Monday, January 28, 2013

CSX SD70MACs sold to Paducah and Louisville

EDIT: WAS MISINFORMED ON SOME NUMBERS

I am "saddened" to report that 16 CSX SD70MACs have been written off the roster and are now the property of the Paducah and Louisville Railway, "PAL".

2 power moves of 8 units each ran from Corbin, KY to the area that they will be interchanged. They will be repainted into the PAL graphics.

This is awful in my eyes. They are phasing out some pretty strong EMD pullers.

The Class I cites declining coal shipments as why these are being sold. I guess these are the first to go since the EMDs have been admittedly a bit flawed especially the pre-pro SD70ACes. If I were CSX I would have sold some AC4400CWs though.

This dreadful move brings the 70MAC roster down from 220 units to 204 units.

I will never forget my catches of these locomotives.

No comments:

Post a Comment