Tuesday, July 31, 2012

South Florida Four Pack Blitz Part II

After running shopping errands in Dania we trekked up I-95 over to Deerfield Beach to intercept FEC 101. It went in the ATCS dark for a while but popped up again at Villa Rica once we hit Pompano. This catch was then ensured to be a no brainer and it rolled by 10 min. after 8.

We had our usual dinner in Boca Raton and then coffee at the Mizner Park Starbucks. This was kind of a time kill for Q453 to make it and gain on us. With the 10pm closure I was basically stuck waiting at Deerfield Beach for some 25min for the train to advance. I saw the same railfan mom-and-son that I saw August 17 and chatted it up while waiting on 453. Anyway as I arrived a "crazy" woman was lying there in the lot attracting the attention of Coconut Creek PD and G4S. I tried to steer clear of this odd event and waited until I was in the clear to meet the people  at the south end of the platform.

Q453 rolled by 10:40 PM with its average sized 41 car train.

336 was lined and I headed south to Griffin, then Old Griffin Road to see it. Even more interestingly it had a close call with a biker.

After that I was able to squeeze in Q452, at 77 cars, to cap the day. Compared to the equivalent 8/17 trip this had better car numbers in Q453 and Q452.

On my way home I got to see 226 from the highway but do nothing else with it. I was already exhausted and enjoyed my day out in the Tri-County area.


No comments:

Post a Comment