Monday, July 30, 2012

South Florida Four Pack Blitz Part I

Sometimes it takes a day to do both railfanning and needed shopping in areas around Broward. Hence I took Thursday July 26.

As always the outing started with BK Joe (now Seattle's Best coffee). After which I made the usual trek around Hialeah but instead flew through the area since the yard area was dead.

Following a business engagement we had time to rush over and get FEC 965 which did double duty - Fort Lauderdale manifest empties and Airport rock empties.


I continued beating a path through the city and wound up skipping Ready  to Roll trains and hit up the RaceTrac in Hallandale. After which I toured Golden Glades around Hardy and found the Sysco Lead overgrown. The middle lead had its usual influx of tankers and at the time O722 was doubling back after a setout.


***that light in the background is Amtrak P092. I got him on freehand video by me soon after.

For the formal video of O722, I raced to Hollywood to get a hold of him. Meanwhile I was surprised to find P623 with a Hyundai-Rotem cabcar. TRCX only has two of these in service.



O722 finally rolled by on T-1 making this pooched shot happen.


I tracked up to Copans to scout on O717, which had already finished its pickup moves at Home Depot and Grace Construction. At Publix was when I found the train, which had just set out one covered hopper of pellets. As you will see, I was cautious not to trespass or risk falling in the deep ditch.



After a pit stop at BK which was not for lunch this afternoon but instead a smoothie stop, I found Dave Shelley gaining on me on FEC 202. He was already around Wilton Manors when I left the Deerfield Beach area BK. I made it just in time to Pompano Airpark to see him. This was my first time seeing him in 11 months and 9 days and his S&HC and wave was missed.


I had lunch at the Deerfield Beach proper Subway and skirted around Military to find O717 at the Boise lead. This train was handling 6 loads for delivery, 2 loads for Fast-Dry, and empties from both and/or Keeman Brick.



--INTERMISSION--
After another refreshment, this time at Mickey D's "McCafe", I did the usual westward round to Sawgrass. Bought LEGO elements for this project I am doing plus other miscellaneous endeavors.

Having finished after P091 and P097 were able to pass (Well I could've gone for P091 but tough luck when a drawbridge goes off), I ran to Croissant Park for 222.


Always its interesting looking rock & all FECIM train, 222 rolled by to finish off what the point and shoot could take. This would be the last train photographed on this outing.

I did compile some video footage during this outing of the misc trains I caught. Enjoy!



Part II will entail all of the night trains I got to videotape and see in person.















No comments:

Post a Comment