Sunday, May 8, 2011

Model Representation of Close Calls

South Florida, with its reckless drivers and immense number of grade crossings, is prone to a lot of accidents on the tracks. Ted Marshall had the lucky privilege of catching Q453 ALMOST and I mean by centimeters hit a car who got trapped by the quadrant gates. Though I thought that quad gates are supposed to detect a car and open up, they actually kept the driver and passenger stuck between the enter and exit gates. Unfortunately for them, Q453-07 the Waycross to Miami manifest train was on the east track (Track 2).


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywnfYQ8iZ10

This for me is a model opportunity. NW 15 St. I believe is protected by quad gates and I just might put a car barely making it on the exit gate, and its direction can be changed based on what track the train is using. This can be a useful tip for all model railroaders who want to represent something as crazy as this. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment