Sunday, May 1, 2011

Functions of Benchwork

So benchwork is coming soon for this fine layout, which will be modular. There is one thing that can be innovated, and this is space for storage underneath the layout. People do it and people don't do it. The place of choice I'm setting this up in has a lot of items being stored there. I feel as though the new Homasote based setup can afford decent storage beneath it using the supports to hold up shelves or just retain bigger boxes (ie. Sterlite 110Qt bins). A contrasting feature is the wiring, which has to be troubleshooted. I'd give a few inches of space where there isn't shelves and if there are shelves, just have them removable. Though, you could limit joints to an open area or just have the joints of the wires occur in a open space while the continuations of the wire don't have to be removable. As I bench I will do the experimentation with such options.

No comments:

Post a Comment