Monday, June 10, 2013

Deerfield Beach / O717 Corridor Update

While I'm still waiting on starting the layout in HO Scale, I did pass by the real Deerfield Beach and noticed a couple of promising observations.

I was happy to see that despite seeing the loading docks at Sun-Sentinel to be empty over the past few visits, that the industry as of yesterday had at least 1 boxcar in there.

More so, the really good news relates to CSX winning the ASPX's contract to do their scrap gon loading. I think the mysterious location of where these gons get loaded has been found. The former  station track/ current team track north of Hillsboro Blvd is back in service as a loadout track for the gons. Four or five of them have been sitting there yesterday.

In other industry news, no cars at Allsteel or BrickAmerica. One tank at the water plant. Also when I glanced from I-95 about 4 cars at Fast-Dry had been noticed. Also CSX O722 delivered about 35 cars of freight to Dania, many of them boxcars. My belief is they're headed for Home Depot, Boise-Cascade, and other mix and match areas.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!. At the moment I´m designing a switching layout based on CSX operations in South Florida. Want to model a local train and switch an industrial district, maybe West rail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, Im new to model railroading,(but not real railroading!!). I was looking for some help on a Miami themed layout. I was gonna model sun sentinel, but im not sure yet. give me a holler at islandman97@gmail.com if ur interested.

    ReplyDelete