Sunday, September 30, 2012

All Aboard Florida Keynote Speech



The talk of many FEC fans and local planners, FECI's All Aboard Florida is about to begin construction. An event that I missed, the FEC Railway Society's convention in Deerfield Beach, presented a 25 minute speech by VP Jose Gonzalez, followed by a 50 minute Q & A session about the future of intercity passenger rail in Florida. I STRONGLY recommend watching it as lots of useful and good info is within. Also, the economic implications are just wonderful.

I am very happy to be hearing that we are "going back to the future" with this. I cannot wait to be a rider on AAF when it opens. As my history teacher says, "We kids have it too easy"; there certainly wasn't any of this fast stuff years back. It will take plenty of stress out of travel to Orlando and make it a lot easier to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment