Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Videos to entertain, videos to inform...

Sometimes I take outings to learn something about an operation, area, or photo spot.
Twice in 2011 I went after the layout-sake local O717, which works Fort Lauderdale to Deerfield Beach. In August, I produced a fairly decent video of it at both industry and on the road. Though, in December, in a very bipolar day if you will, I also did the chase. The hunt was different this time, whereas I found myself by the Fast-Dry warehouse. I managed to get it's switchwork into one video of the whole day, but felt that was not enough.

Videos tell a story, and my genre tends to be motion, physics, etc. There was, for lack of a better term, a story within a story, and that was not told. The story is the full, start-to-finish job it did at F.D.

Sometime this week I expect to publish a video of that. I am not doing it to show off, but to highlight a sense of 'research' on my model sized up 87 times. It is informational. It is there for something, not to entertain the average railbuff but to present a study.

I feel above all that that video has significantly helped me. It shows how it gets the work done and the fact there happened to be extra spots waiting over there. Besides, it is the story of the local.

No comments:

Post a Comment